Saturday, December 24, 2005

Grounded

Oh if but my prayers were answered …..
The soul would be perched on the summit of your excellence.
I was in the sky, soaring across the sun,
The world was so far down,
I had wings of fire to top my heart’s spire.
I have run out of inspiration
In this cessation of beauty to my senses.
Its but a world now, small and naïve.
I have been grounded, forever.
I am a mortal again, with small worries
And smaller securities, and stronger bindings.
No longer would I see the stars so close
Or be blessed by a beauty so proud.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish i can turn back time
My life, nothing but a lie
I wished to be something,
guess I'll never be that anymore

Don't get so hard on yourself
You have the knowledge to do well
And a heart of pure gold
You'll rise above the rest

Will that be the case
Maybe I wasn't meant to go there
Soon you will be free
Of your pain and heartache
You will succeed
Put your heart & soul into it

Thank you, my friend
I know things will be better,
Even if not there
at least I have a friend in you

A friend in me you will always have
When things fall downhill
I'm holding your hand now
And forever I will

~s~

Anonymous said...

ALL the words that I utter,
And all the words that I write,
Must spread out their wings untiring,
And never rest in their flight,
Till they come where your sad, sad heart is,
And sing to you in the night,
Beyond where the waters are moving,
Storm-darken’d or starry bright.