Monday, September 19, 2005

Street of joy

I went walking down a street of joy…
There was laughter all around
Children were playing on the pavement….
There were catcalls and hooting
Youth was being celebrated
Music could be heard from somewhere.
Couples were cuddling up
Families were thankful for the joy
The elderly had a sparkle in their eyes
That wonderful night of festivity.
The sky was filled with bursting light
The city was dazzling in brightness.
I was gazing in awe and
I felt a hand on my shoulder.
I turned around, only to see darkness….
In the path I had walked.
I was alone.

3 comments:

Santhosh said...

Hey Maamu,

Stick around dude. Its been a while I steepped into your blog. Missing all those amazing nights in the CC and of course, the 12 o clock tea session....

Stick around

Shakee

Anonymous said...

Take control of your destiny. Believe in yourself. Ignore those who try to discourage you. Avoid negative sources, people, places, things and habits. Don't give up and don't give in.

with love..*click*

Anonymous said...

U r not alone love... i am there for you ...

Always a friend

Anu