Friday, June 03, 2005

My Smile

My mind is clouded,
Shrouded by its thoughts,
But you as a thought stand out
Like a beacon to this lost sailor.

I hear the world with its many voices,
But you drown out the crowd with your silent whisper.

I am touched by a thousand hands,
But you touch me as a tender memory.

I am rendered parched by solitude,
But you drench me like a rain bearing cloud.

I am helpless to my emotions,
And you come to me as my pacifying spirituality.

I am stuck with my theories,
And you come as the season’s first breeze.

I am tired of life,
And you occur to me as an unsaid prayer.

I see a thousand things,
And you come to me as a woman.

I say a million words,
And you come to me as my poetry.

My mind is clouded,
Shrouded by its thoughts,
And you come to me as my smile.

No comments: